Centre for Ethics
C4E Undergraduate Fellowship
We invite applications for the C4E Undergraduate Fellows Program at the Centre for Ethics, University of Toronto, during the 2018-19 academic year.
The Centre for Ethics at the University of Toronto is an interdisciplinary centre aimed at advancing research and teaching in the field of ethics, broadly defined. It seeks to bring together the theoretical and practical knowledge of diverse scholars, students, public servants and social leaders in order to increase understanding of the ethical dimensions of individual, social, and political life.
We expect to award one fellowship to a senior undergraduate student with a serious and documented interest in the study of ethics. Fellowships are open to any senior undergraduate student, regardless of departmental affiliation or disciplinary background, who is enrolled in a program in the Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto. To get a sense of the wide disciplinary range and diversity of C4E events, activities, and projects, please consult the C4E website (https://ethics.utoronto.ca).
The C4E Undergraduate Fellow will receive a stipend of $1,000 for the academic year and will be provided with carrel space for study at the Centre for Ethics. The Fellow will be expected, throughout the term of their fellowship, to regularly attend Centre events and to play a leading role in outreach activities. The C4E Undergraduate Fellow is also required to enrol in ETH401H1Y, a year-long course that combines attendance at Centre for Ethics seminars with an independent research project.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a program in the Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto;
- Be entering fourth year (interpreted here to mean: have completed at least 14 FCE toward their degree by the end of the current term); and
- Have a CGPA of at least 3.7.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A copy of your most recent transcript for all undergraduate work at the University of Toronto;
- A one-page document describing your intellectual interests in the field of ethics;
- A copy of a paper you have written in a course related to the field of ethics; and
- The name and email address of an instructor at the University of Toronto who is willing to act as a reference for you.
Please send complete applications to Markus Dubber, Director, Centre for Ethics, c/o email@example.com.
Applications open: April 1, 2018
Applications due: May 1, 2018